+NOTW: Back-2-School Pink Nude#=

Sorry for the long wait! I went on a roadtrip to NYC this past week and I had tons of fun! The weather was nice for most days and I loved shopping and Times Square. I was lucky enough to dodge a bullet by not visiting the Empire State Building on the unfortunate day of the shooting (pun intended). On a more pleasant note, I can't wait to show my makeup addicts my haul from my trip! I bought tons of clothes, all perfect for back-to-school, and lots of cute accessories! Keep up with me by following my blog, becoming my friend, etc etc and the haul should be up in a few days or so. Missing NY already.. :(

Anyways, coming back a week before school starts, I realized that I needed to start my summer homework! Eeeks!!! I decided to do a last-minute post just for you guys :)

This manicure is simple and chic, featuring a pink nude to compliment almost any outfit. I love the soft pink color on my tan skin and the color is perfect for starting a fresh new year of classes! The pink will go nicely on almost* any skin tone and I picked it up at my local Dollar Tree for only $1! It's by L.A. Colors, called "Mega Watt" from their Color Craze collection. It's a soft pink shimmery nude with a hint of beige. It's also a nice color to transition into the fall. In the picture, I applied a base coat, 2 coats of Mega Watt, and finished it off with a top coat. On my ring finger, I used a small thin brush to carefully draw a wide stripe of gold metallic acrylic paint (water-based) to make a simple but pretty accent to the previously boring nude nails. Enjoy!



I took this (above) at a museum in natural lighting, but for some reason my camera couldn't pick up the right color of pink. It looks like a yellowish nude. I took another picture (below) in the car with direct sunlight and it still doesn't pick up the pink very well. In person, it's more of a salmon-peachy tone of pink. If it helps, look at other blogger's pictures or MUA pics!


*some people may not like this color, for example: http://nailsandprettythings.blogspot.com/2010/05/la-colors-color-craze-megawatt.html; I guess it's personal preference, but I LOVE this color! Take it or leave it, it's only a buck!

MUA reviews: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=132569/Color_Craze_-_Mega_Watt_NP403/LA_Colors/Polishes

Btw, please subscribe to my new growing Youtube channel for more videos to come! xoxo, Michelly <3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p">