+NOTW: Neon Summer#=


Note: The neon color is not truely depicted in the pictures above. It is even more neon, like an opaque pink Sharpie highlighter.



If you were following this blog, you might remember the "Nude Summer" nails from a week ago. Since my current theme revolves around summer, I decided to follow the trend and do neon nails. There are so many neon nail polishes out there and choosing the right neon will compliment your skin color and tan. For me, I chose a neon pink because my skin has olive undertones. If I chose a neon green or yellow, it will accentuate the greenness in my skin, making my hands look dull. Do you get what I mean? I try explaining this to my friends all the time but they give me a weird look and question my sanity.



Anyways, the nail polish is from Sinful Colors (one of my favorite drugstore nail polish brands!) called "24/7" . I personally wouldn't recommend it because it took me 3 coats to obtain a nice highlighter pink and the color doesn't coat evenly. The color is opaque in some areas and transparent in others, making it seem a bit splotchy. I love the neon-ness though! :)

On top of 24/7, I used my new Revlon nail enamel in "Sparkling" to accent my ring finger. It's a pink multi-glitter formula and it's SO pretty! I am in love with it! I also used Sally Hansen's Crackle Overcoat in "Antiqued Gold" to tone down the neon-ness into a pearl-ish/shimmery neon and add a festive beachy vibe.

all products purchased with my own money